James joined Lewis & Knopf, CPAs, PC in 1999. As the firm’s Information Technology Administrator, he maintains the internal and external infrastructure of the firm. James is responsible for all servers, laptops, desktops, and portable and mobile devices, as well as the design and implementation of new operating systems, hardware and security devices. In addition, he is the LAN, WAN and Telecom Technician for operating networks and services clients’ technical needs.
Described as a religious, hard-worker, he considers himself a “James-of-all-trades,” and is persistent in finding a resolution to every technical problem. His personal service philosophy is: “To every problem, there is a feasible resolution.”
James feels that his upbringing and family values have contributed to his success. His favorite book is the Bible, as it provides examples of many problems that individuals face today and the answers and resolutions to them. James’ favorite quote is from Romans 8:28, “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” He believes that some things happen that we just don’t understand or feel that are not fair. This quote helps him know that life is all by divine-design.
Born in Michigan, James studied electronics in Massachusetts. A saxophone player and an ordained minister, he settled in Flint, Michigan. James enjoys spending time with his wife and his expanding family. He is also a strong supporter of public education. He believes that there are many gems hidden in the city of Flint and when you look diligently, you will find them.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Certified Information System Auditor
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Technical Association
- The BDO Alliance Technology Group
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Michigan Association of School Boards (MASB)
- International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)²
- University of Phoenix, Detroit Campus
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology