Jeff joined Lewis & Knopf in 2007 as a manager. In his current role as principal, he assists clients in a wide array of industries, but his main focus is construction businesses and school districts. In particular, Jeff provides assurance and tax work for construction companies, auditing for school districts, and tax planning and accounting for small businesses and individuals. Outside of his client responsibilities, he is a leader in the firm’s accounting and auditing services department, and is the firm’s marketing and personnel chair.
Jeff has worked in the accounting field for over 32 years, gaining a wealth of experience across industries. He is described by his colleagues as thoughtful, patient and dedicated to providing practical solutions for his clients. For instance, Jeff has helped clients prepare for company sales and structure balance sheets for bonding and financing.
Jeff shares his expertise in the community as a very regular speaker. His speaking engagements include small business groups, professional organizations, and numerous television and radio programs. He also serves as a lecturer and adjunct faculty at local universities.
Jeff has always liked problem solving and working with numbers, and he followed his older brother’s footsteps becoming a CPA too. He attributes his success in life to education, experience and the Lewis & Knopf team. In his free time, he enjoys golfing and coaching youth sports. A native of Flint, Michigan, Jeff resides in Flushing with his wife, Beth, two children, and their beagle. He loves living in Flushing because of the friendly people and overall sense of community.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Financial Planner
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Government Audit and Quality Center (GAQC)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Michigan Department of Education
- Referent Committee
- Builders Association of Metro Flint
- Genesee Area School Business Officials (GASBO)
- IMA – Recreation Association
- Board Member, Past President
- University of Michigan – Flint School of Management – Faculty
- Outstanding Lecturer Award 2017
- Catholic Charities of Genesee and Shiawassee Counties
- Board of Directors and Vice Chair – Finance Committee
- Flint Powers Catholic School
- Board of Trustees and Finance Committee
- University of Michigan – Flint
- MBA, with distinction, 2006
- BBA, with distinction, 1984