Kevin joined Lewis & Knopf in 2016 and currently serves as audit manager. Kevin plays a lead role supervising many engagements for the firm’s construction, school district, and non-profit clients and regularly presents audit results to non-profit and school district boards. He is a member of the firm’s audit and accounting committee and helps to ensure the firm is current with auditing standards and financial statement disclosures requirements. Kevin also coordinates many of the continuing education programs for the firm, and keeps the firm’s accounting and auditing software current. Additionally, Kevin trains staff on new software and in the A & A department.
Prior to joining the firm, Kevin held accounting and purchasing positions in several industries including automotive aftermarket, construction and software development. Though he developed an interest in accounting in high school, Kevin bean his professional accounting career after the economic downturn in 2007 – 2009, which provided him an opportunity to return to school to obtain his Master’s in Accounting and earn his CPA designation. An easy-going and personable professional, he credits his career success to his positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Originally from Hillsdale Michigan, he now resides in Milford with his wife of 30 years and their three children. Kevin enjoys Milford for its great restaurants and good sense of community. His hobbies include fine dining and traveling.
- Certified Public Accountant, Michigan
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- AICPA’s Government Audit Quality Center
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Michigan School Business Officials
- Michigan Department of Education – Michigan Public School Accounting Manual (Bulletin 1022) Referent Group
- Genesee Association of School Business Officials
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Central Michigan Alumni Association
- Walsh College Alumni Association
- Walsh College
- Master of Science in Accountancy
- Central Michigan University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting – 2012