Tom is a Director at Lewis & Knopf, CPAs, P.C. In this role, his tenacity, decisiveness, and visionary nature help him guide the firm’s strategy and day-to-day operations. Always looking for ways to make the firm more efficient and productive, Tom has driven initiatives to improve the firm’s profits, utilize a more efficient tax preparation system, and facilitate marketing planning and implementation. His leadership carries through to his service as the head of the Tax Department.
As a member of the firm’s Professional Service Group, Tom specializes in serving professional service providers including physicians, dentists, pharmacists, and attorneys. He also works with a variety of entrepreneurial industries, including auto dealerships, construction, and real estate.
Tom believes in providing friendly, quality, and timely service at a reasonable price. He prefers clients who value their accountant as a business advisor and friend. Tom’s high self-expectations have created long-lasting relationships with the clients he serves.
Tom’s father was partner at Lewis Knopf. An important role model in Tom’s life, his father worked hard, with a passion that is difficult to replicate. This inspiration in his professional and personal life has motivated Tom’s career and family dedication.
Tom lives in Davison, Michigan with his wife, Kimberley. The couple has two children— Julie, a kindergarten teacher at Davison Community Schools and Jeff, a third generation CPA who currently works for Ernst & Young in Grand Rapids. Tom enjoys all sporting activities and spending time with his family at their cottage during the warm summer months.
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Flint and Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, Operating Board
- Board Member, Regional Leadership Council
- Board Member, Strategic Board
- Genesee Global Action Team
- Genesee Global Intermodal Initiative
- Flint Financial Advisory Committee for Daniel Kildee, U.S. 5th District Congressman
- YMCA of Greater Flint Foundation
- Board Member
- Alma College–BA, Accounting